Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Movie: Earthlings

Watching "Earthlings" was definitely a mood-kill.  Recommended/suggested to me by Lindsey, I finally watched (some of) it on Sunday and have been thinking of it ever since.

Narrated by Joaquin Phoenix, "Earthlings" is a documentary about mankind's dependence on animals for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and use in experiementation.  I was only able to watch up to the part of clothing- watching the behind the scenes of slaughthouses was really gruesome and unsettling, both mentally and physically...  

So I definitely have a lot of things to ponder.  It definitely brings a new light to meat that we eat, where it is mainly coming from, how animals are killed.. etc.  All I gotta say is that Kosher ain't so kosher. You can watch it on Google videos if you are interested... 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I became vegan after watching it also. Lots to think about after watching Earthlings. Watch some trailers at www.earthlings.com

    ReplyDelete