Saturday, July 25, 2009

Back Again...

I've been reading more food novels lately, my favorite being The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry, by Katheleen Flinn. She's actually a local journalist from Seattle, who writes about a mid-life crisis that led her to going to Le Cordon Bleu, the imfamous cooking school in Paris. [She's also making an apperance at Bumbershoot with Tom Douglas Sept. 5th!]

Now I've started to read Julie and Julia, by Julia Powell, which incidentally is coming in theathers in August with Amy Adams and Meryl Streep. Julie attempts to make every single one of Julia Child's dishes from Mastering The Art of French Cooking. And Julia Child rox my sox. Must finish book before movie comes out. I feel more inspired to cook and experiment, so hopefully this blog will become more utilized. [Watching The Brady Bunch Movie... it's hilarious! Those kids are so dumb.]


Just a note: cooked avocados are not so tasty. I made a breakfast scramble by sauteing onions, then adding eggs, basil, rosemary, and cilantro from my garden, and decided to throw in some diced avocado into the pan. The warmed texture just makes the avocado lose it's tastyness. I think because avocado is so soft, it sort of just melts into the background, and tastes a bit like cheese with that softened warm texture, and rich buttery taste. Next time I'll just add the avocados on top after everything is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment